Thursday 24 May 2012

Black forbidden rice..

Just a few interesting things about one of my new fav foods...
  • Just a spoonful of black forbidden rice contains more health promoting anthocyanin antioxidants than are found in a spoonful of blueberries, but with less sugar and more fibre and vitamin E antioxidants...which is why it has such a beautiful rich purple colour
  • Like fruits, "black rice" is rich in anthocyanin antioxidants, substances that show promise for fighting heart disease, cancer, and other diseases...
  • This black rice is a type of heirloom rice, meaning that it is open-pollinated, was grown at earlier times in history, and not grown on a large scale in modern agriculture.
  • Forbidden rice can be found at many health food stores...
  • The rice contains more vitamin B, niacin, vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc than white rice.
I like to use forbidden rice in a lot of my cooking, so I thought I would share why.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment